Maryborough, Queensland Business Directory
Where can I stay? What can I do? Where can I dine? Find it all on this site!
This directory lists businesses in the areas of Maryborough, St. Helens, Dundathu, Tinana, Granville, Oakhurst, Tiaro, Bauple and the Great Sandy Strait villages of Maaroom, Boonooroo, Tuan and Poona.
What's on in Maryborough? Go to the Maryborough Events Calendar and find out!
Are you a Maryborough, Queensland business?
Are you listed on this site? If not, and you would like to be, .... contact us!
Looking for a Hervey Bay, Gympie or Childers business? Visit our other business directories...
What to see in Maryborough
- Take a guided heritage walk tour of Maryborough and discover our local history with 'Mary Heritage', or one of the other local guides.
- Visit Maryborough Portside district that runs from the Brolga Theatre, along the Mary River to the Marina, and extends out to parts of Kent, Bazaar and March Streets in the CBD.
- The history of Portside is extensive, dating back to 1847 when the port was opened for the transport of wool, right up to the closure of Walkers Shipyard in 1974.
- Browse the Maryborough Heritage City Market, held in the CBD every Thursday. Stalls include arts, crafts, local produce, plants, clothes and jewellery. Entertainment is enjoyed on the Town Hall Green. Don't forget to stay for the firing of the Time Cannon and meet our Town Crier and Mary Heritage.
Maryborough is one of Queensland's oldest cities. In the days of the early colony, it was the second most important port after Sydney and the place where thousands of sea-tossed immigrants took their first shaky steps on Australian soil after months at sea.
Maryborough has a rich and fascinating history, but what really sets it apart is that much of that heritage remains just waiting to be uncovered.
- Go on a Walking Tour
- Visit the Military Museum
- Take the Heritage Bus Tour
- Explore the Bond Store
- Visit Portside in Wharf Street
- Browse the Markets